Death is but a postponement of love

“life is but a postponement of defeat,” he said
and he died. 
gloriously melancholic
beautifully violent
and hollow..

what was it? his italicized sparks? his smolders?
It feels like I have been postponing love
in his after-death

it was his melancholy that left me with this addiction to the crackling sound of death 
my habitual defeat in this overrated loop fantasy of life
and I cowardly resurrecting his words 
craving for his edible sadness 
that my biles would fiercely mimic
to comfortably relive deaths before love
over and repeat
and I cannot stop, 
I cannot stop

beasts in captive, i am, we are
proud, arrogant, longing and yet none
we shall not apologize for refusal of defeat, I said

if life the utmost evil liberation that time ever gave birth to
is death a desperate love for life captivity?

immortality sentence 
deathlessness uprising
our hopeful separations war

to escape one’s being or one's defeat